Sugar donuts are an all time classic. I've always wanted to make donuts but always afraid of frying food...Until I found this recipe. These donuts are baked and take a total of 30 minutes from prep to in your mouth. You can find all of these ingredients in your kitchen and even experiment with it different flavors. KStead says...light and air, cake like center, and gone in seconds.
(Yields approx 24 mini muffins)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Then mix in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Fill each mini muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Pop them out of the tin and roll in a cinnamon sugar mixture.