I found a Black-eyed peas Croquettes recipe in Alicia SIlverstone's "The Kind Life". Since I didn't have all the ingredients in my home, I made a few changes like changing up the beans and the dipping sauce from rice syrup to tamari.Hope you enjoy it!
Mixed Bean Croquettes
- 1 cup of tri-bean mix
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- oil for frying
- 6 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp mustard
2. Form into balls/egg-shaped (about 12).
3.Heat your oil and fry your croquettes (about 4 minutes on each side). Let them drain on a paper towel.
4. Mix sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until bubble.
5. Serves four people
- Bob's Red Mill TVP, 0.75 cup
- Celtic Sea Salt Fine Ground, 0.75 tsp
- Nasoya Nayonaise, 6 tbs)
- Lemon juice, 1 tbsp (remove)
- Brown Sugar, Dark (Domino), 0.25 tsp
- Tomato, grape (3oz = appro 12 tomatoes), 3 oz
- Apple, Gala (medium), 1 serving
- Bunny-Luv Organic Shredded Carrot, 1 cup
- Almonds, 0.25 cup, whole