For our friend's 25th birthday, Angry Asian Creations made Hello Kitty faces out of fondant and we put those on top of these strawberry cookies. They were pretty in pink!
Makes ~ 24 cookies
1 box strawberry cake mix, any brand is good
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1-2 tablespoons of water
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, oil, coconut extract, and eggs until just combined.
3. With a medium scoop, scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Do not press down.
4. Take a pinch of coconut flakes and lay on top of each cookie. Do not press down.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
4 oz softened cream cheese
1 Tablespoons softened butter
1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoons milk
Place cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Spread frosting on top of cookies then sprinkle toasted coconut over top of frosting.
Adapted from Picky Palate