Ever since Randi moved to the DC area from NC she started eating tofu. I knew the perfect dish for this cooking lesson but I needed the help of my mom who's been making this ever since I was little. This is a super easy recipe with very few ingredients.
A bunch of chopped cilantro
5 stems of chopped green onions
2 cups of vegetable oil to fry
1/2 cup soy sauce
- Drain the tofu water and place tofu in a strainer for about 15 minutes.
- Chop up green onions and cilantro and place in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of soy sauce and set aside. Put the rest of the soy sauce in another bowl.
- In a frying pan, heat up oil for about 5 minutes. Don't let the oil smoke. We set the temperature at 400 degrees.
- Add the tofu and cook for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Once tofu is brown take the tofu out of the oil and immediately dip in the second bowl of soy sauce. Then place in the bowl of green onion and cilantro. You only need to coat the tofu on each side lightly.
- Mix the cooked tofu and green onion and cilantro together.
- Serve and eat!