Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ay ya ya Mexico!

My older sister, BLT, and I went on our first vacation together to Cancun, MX. No we don't have the swine! We stayed at Ambiance Villas which was the 2nd to last hotel on hotel zone. Very quiet and relaxing. The staff were wonderful and we would definitely stay there again. We decided not to get the all-inclusive and to venture the local cuisine.

Our first night, we strolled into Mextreme! Apparently, Tom Cruise's movie Cocktail was not filmed here. haha we had to take a picture.

Our next night we went to a restaurant which I don't even know the name of. We walked by the restaurant and it smelled so good we had to eat there. I ordered bbq pork buritto. It actually tasted like Vietnamese bbq pork (thit xa xeo). It was really good and I like the fact that before we ordered they gave us a bowl of homemade chips with 2 different sauces, fresh tomato and a cilantro sauce.


On our last morning, we walked to a local cafe/sandwich shop. It was actually a French/Mexican cafe. They served sandwiches in french baguettes. They had pretty good traffic so we knew it was good. I ordered una croissant con jamon y jugo de naranja. I ordered in Spanish because the waitress didn't know English. The food was delicious! I wish I knew the cafe's name though. If I go to Cancun again I'll definitely take note :)

No comments: