Friday, October 9, 2009

C is for COOKIE


So I've been trying to crave my sweet tooth without 1 lb of sugar. Actually, I kinda am backing away from animal products as much as I can just to try and live a healthier lifestyle and keep a cleaner body (on the inside. Not to say I'm not clean on the outside, which I so am).
So I found these two cookie recipes which I had to try out. One came from Wholefoods.com which is a Chai Spiced Cookie and the other is from goveg.com and its a peanut butter ball cookie. I'm a big fan of chai tea. Well of course I am, I'm Indian. So I was totally interested by the fact that someone decided to incorporate the chai spices (which includes cinnamon and cardamon) into cookie batter. Once again I took the liberty to make a few changes to the recipe. For instance, in the chai cookie I placed a small piece of chocolate in the cookie to give it a gooey centre. Its so good when you take a bite and that warm chocolate just oozes out.
With the peanut butter balls I used raspberry extract instead of vanilla. I think both cookies came out great. Definitely go check out the recipes. Its a def tasty alternative to the regular peanut butter cookies. When you take a bite they melt into your mouth.
I think next time I'm gonna try the sugar cookies. I wonder what I can do to jazz it up some...

No comments: