Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chocolate Cake w/ Mint Whipped Cream


Like most of you know my now, I'm trying to cut out as much animal product out of my daily diet because I'm doing my best to live a healthier lifestyle. So today I decided to experiment with chocolate cake on my venture of making my favourites healthy. I've to admit it totally took well.

Lulu's Chocolate Cake
  • 2 1/2 cups of flour sifted with 1t salt
  • 3/4 cup apple sauce
  • 1/4 cup vanilla silken tofu
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 T dark cocoa powder
  • 1 t baking side
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 t pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tub whipped cream
  • 1 t vinegar
  • 1 t pure mint extract
Preheat oven @ 350 degrees. In a mixer, combine the apple sauce, sugar, and tofu. Then add cocoa powder. Once mixed well add the flour/salt mix alternating with the milk. Next add the vanilla, baking soda, and vinegar.
Pour mixture into a cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Once the cake has cooled cut it in half. Add the mint extract to the whipped cream and mix well. Use 1/2 the tub of whipped cream and spread over bottom layer. Put the top layer of cake on and then top with remainder of whipped cream.


I'd love for you guys to try it out and let me know how it goes. And if you have any suggestions (like, frosting suggestions, or toppings or different flavours...). I'd love any new cake recipes to try out too. Thanks much!!!

No comments: