Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lulu's Vegan Attempts- Turned out pretty nice :o)


Ok, so for reasons explained log before, I've been cutting meat out of my diet. Well I'm trying to take the next step and cut out animal products. Now I'm not saying I'm going to be a devoted vegan, but I'm definitely going to do my best when possible. So today I made my first vegan banana cheesecake and granola (well that's always vegan though).
So here are my recipes. ENJOY!

Lulu's Banana Cheesecake
Ingredients:
  • two 8oz Tofutti cream cheese
  • 1 box of silken tofu
  • 2 mashed bananas
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 pack of graham crackers
  • 2 tbsp Earth Balance melted
Set the oven at 350 degrees. Make crumbs of your graham crackers and mix well with the melted Earth Balance. Press in the bottom of a 9" greased springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. In a food processor mix all the other ingredients until its creamy and well blended. When the crust has cooled down pour the batter in and bake again for 90 minutes. Let the cake cool down before cutting into it.

Lulu's Granola
This is just so simple. In a bowl I added 3 cups of rolled oats, 1/4 cup craisins, 1/4 chopped dried apricots, 1 chopped up apple, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/4 oil. Mix it all together and spread it onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Put in the oven for 18-24 minutes @ 350 degrees stirring it occasionally. Cool down and place in an air tight canister/container.











1/2 a cup of granola with some milk make a great breakfast! I hope you guys try it out and if there are any vegans reading it, I'd love your feedback. Thanks bunches.

No comments: