Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake- Veganized!

So my friend N sent me this email for a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake. Well, it was fabulous, but as I've decided to give this vegan diet a try, I was now faced with the challenge: How to make this cake vegan... and taste good? Oh, and I had to make it healthy because I am on this never ending quest to lose 5 lbs (the same 5 lbs I've been trying to lose my 27 years of life). Hahahaha, Lulu is the next Iron Chef! Well I did it and I'm going to show you how.

Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Cheesecake
Ingredients:
Filling-
Vanilla extract
Mori-Nu soft silken tofu
1/3 cup agave nectar
2 T flour
32 oz Tofutti "cream cheese"

Crust-
1 pgk of Joseph's Sugar free Pecan Walnut Brownies (bite size)
2 T Earth Balance "butter"

Truffles-
1/4 cup agave nectar
4 T Earth Balance "butter"
2 cups flour
1/2 cup Sunspire non-dairy chocolate chips
1/4 cup soymilk
1/4 cup Mori-Nu silken tofu

1. Make the truffles but combining all ingredients in the food processor and MIX WELL. Put the dough in an air tight container and let it sit in the fridge for 3 hours. After 3 hours roll the batter in mini balls and lightly roll in flour so they're not too sticky.
2. Preheat your oven at 350 and combine the brownie bites and Earth Balance together in the food processor to make the crust. Press the mix tightly on the bottom of a spring-form pan (preferably 9") and bake for 10 minutes.
3. While the crust is baking, mix the filling ingredients in a mixer or food processor (I just find it easier to rinse to food processor each time instead of using so many bulky appliances). Drop in 3/4 of your truffles and stir into your batter. Then your batter into the cake pan and drop the oth
er truffles in.
4. Bake 45- 60 minutes (the original cake is for 90 minutes, but vegan cream cheese cooks faster so keep an eye on it and watch for cracking).
5. Cool overnight.
So I like to slice my cake into 16 slices because it is sweet and creamy so a small piece definitely goes a long way.
I hope you enjoy!

No comments: